The Washington DC Temple is the 16th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Located in Washington DC, Maryland. It was the first temple built east of the Mississippi river since 1846 and is the third largest Latter-Day Saint temple.
The Washington DC temple was dedicated on November 1974 by Spencer W Kimball. Ten dedicatory sessions were held.